Become an Adventure Patch Family Day Care North (APFDC North) Family Day Care Educator
Build your own childcare business, in your own home while helping children get a great start.
Are you an educator (or interested in becoming one) who is passionate about the wonderful foundation that play–based learning can provide children?
Would you like to start your own business, while receiving a high level of ongoing support and mentoring from APFDC North to navigate the requirements, all while earning a great income?
For educators who operate a quality service, with the benefits can be amazing:
- Great educators have the potential to generate $32- $40 per hour (or higher)*
- Flexible to choose your own hours and days (a minimum of 3 days per week. 30-40 hours per week is usual)
- Implement your own quality education programs and approaches to the approved learning framework (while meeting the National Quality Framework requirements)
- Provide education and care for up to 7 children (maximum of 4 preschool children)
- Earn an income while studying (some conditions apply)
APFDC North can offer you:
- An experienced, dedicated educator support team who will mentor and guide you through the registration process and thereafter.
- Ongoing support, guidance and mentoring around meeting regulatory requirements.
- Mentoring and support to deliver a quality service.
- Excursions and play catchups to grow your knowledge while meeting other APFDC North educators.
- Ongoing professional development and resources to further grow your skills, and enhance children’s play-based learning
- We provide resources, templates, forms and documentation support.
- Support to meet Education and Care Regulatory Authority requirements
- Proactive support to secure enrolments for educators by advertising and promoting our services throughout our local community
- Information about starting your own business.
- Own or rent a house suited to Family Day Care. We can do a confidential, obligation–free initial house assessment.
- Enjoy creating great relationships with both children and their families, and
- Passionate about helping children thrive
- Understand how to support children to meet their social, emotional, physical and educational needs
- Have education and care philosophies that align with APFDC North
- Excited to build your own exciting business opportunity
- Certificate III in Early Childhood Education (or above). OR studying towards an ACECQA approved child care qualification.
- A current Working with Vulnerable People Check (employment)
- A current National Police Check (less than 6 months old)
- Child Care First Aid (including CPR, Asthma & Anaphylaxis) – HLTAID012
- Training (or ability to complete) in Child Protection, Food Safety & Safe Sleeping
- Computer literate and access to necessary electronic equipment to run a business from home – this may include a working laptop, tablet, printer etc,
Contact APFDC North for further information (no obligation, confidential)
- To request a Prospective Educator’s Pack including our Educator Handbook
- Request an initial home suitability assessment.
Note: Family Day Care Educators are self employed and are contracted by our service. As you would expect, capacity to generate a great income from Family Day Care relies on the quality of the service, environment and play-based learning opportunities you offer, as well as your geographic location and local demand for care. Feel free to discuss this further with us.